So this year my mom decided I should have a KitchenAid Mix Master for christmas. So far I'm loving it.
Last weekend I totally experimented by making my first ever batch of meatballs. So Nigel and I go off to the store to figure out what we can find. We end up wanting a mixture of meats, so we go with ground turkey and ground sirloin beef.
One of the best photos I took.
CookTime: 25 min
- 1 Large Onion Diced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- crushed red pepper
- 0.5kg of ground beef and ground turkey
- 2 large eggs
- Lots of ground cheese (I used soy loaf cheese cause lactose intollerant)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup water
- Cooked onions in a frying pan. When mostly clear, add garlic and some crushed red pepper.
- In a large bowl, add Meat, Eggs, Cheese, Breadcrumbs, Onions and start the mixer.
- At this point I got crazy and added some dill and a couple other spices. They weren't really noticeable though.
- Brown meatball creations using oil and pan, then bake on a baking sheet at 350F for about 25 minutes depending on size of the meatball.
I'm a tinker, maker, and software developer.
At home I code, game, hang out, all the cool non robot things to do.
Heavily involved with Jenkins open source, and will often submit PRs to random other projects.
I also play games, both board and video games and love to read.
You can usually find me on various services as halkeye.